Thread: Missed the lite mapping challenge by 15 minutes...

Wip Missed the lite mapping challenge by 15 minutes...

...because the rules said "sometime between 11:00 and midnight" but what I remembered was "midnight", so when I came to upload at quarter-of, my thread was locked.

Still, I want to load it somewhere, even though it's too late to be part of the contest (since all the drafts are up in the lite challenge thread) so I'm uploading my Arcology for the challenge, (well, not for the challenge anymore) here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arcology_of_the_Naelii_007.jpg 
Views:	2153 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	45776

(Edited to add: yes, it's obvious it became a "rush job" near the end, when I was racing to get it done by midnight. Maybe I'll keep working on it and polish it up a bit more.)
    Last edited by LindaJeanne; 06-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.

It is unfortunate you missed the deadline as I think this is a very creative and interesting map and it would have done well. I can imagine using something like this for shadowrun or some such.

Thank you .

I'm going to keep working on it, even though the contest is over. I've gotten this far, I want to feel like I've finished it! (This is just as-good-as-it-was-going-to-get-by-midnight).

I agree. This would have been a nice addition to the challenge. Here's a bit of consolation rep though (because it is a nice map).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This is a really neat concept, and your diagrams communicate it very well. I'll definitely look forward to seeing the finished version.

Wip

Thanks

Well, a little progress is better than none:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arcology_of_the_Naelii_008.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	45946