Thread: Allow me to introduce myself....

Post Allow me to introduce myself....

...I'm a man of wealth and taste

Oh waitaminute, that was the guy with horns and a tail. I'm poor and don't taste very good.

Hello, Publius here. Thought I would introduce myself to the boards. Cartography is a hobby that I have only recently picked up. I am self-trained, began with MSPaint of all things, then a few other programs and finally picked up Illustrator and ran with it. Of course I have not really cracked any books on the program, preferring to button-monkey my way through things. I played around for a while, designed ships and the like for my games. Trek (Deckplans for the Nova Class, a few stations), some modular designs and that sort of thing. My personal style for maps is a bit spare by comparison with the beautiful artwork that many of you are doing here. I generally like using simple outlines, something that can be printed out in a hurry without killing a cartridge of ink or toner.

I play a wide variety of tabletop RPGs (no d20) with an emphasis on whatever I can con my group into playing which is currently Serenity. In a month, year or less that could change however, and I am happy in a wide variety of settings as long as the roleplaying is done well. I am an avid Amber Diceless player as well, but I usually only get to play once a year (other players permitting).

I have done cartography work for HERO games and have maps in about a half dozen projects: everything from building layouts to whole worlds with nations and the like in between. I would also love to find some other game companies that would pay for my work, but I am not the best one for marketing myself.

Hi Publius and welcome.

As a 'Traveller' player, I'm glad to see another SF mapper here! I'd love to see some of your deckplans.

If you're looking for paid work, you may want to check out QLI's Traveller D20 site (see here )

Kind Regards

Ravs

Publius:

Good to have you! Welcome! I look forward to seeing some of your work--can you post some in the WIP or Finsihed Maps forum? Sci fi maps are intriguing to me, and of a different style than I'm used to, yet am interested in.

PS: I live about 20 min. from Flint
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Guild Novice

Excellent. Sci-fi maps very welcome here!