Thread: Greetings from Maine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Greetings from Maine

Hi all -

Fabulous forum you have. My name is Paige Pendleton and I am a juvenile magical adventure/fantasy writer in Maine. I am releasing the first book of a planned six book series in October and am toying with including a map at the beginning of the book. I am looking for a map of a real area with fictional aspects. Ink is fine. Probably a simple project for those with your talent, but truthfully I have no idea of cost or difficulty, and if it is feasible. I have been playing around with rudimentary sketches.

If anyone is interested in talking to me about this, I'd love to. My e-mail address is pwpendleton@yahoo.com. My blog is http://pwpendleton.blogspot.com/ if anyone is curious about the project (scroll lower on left hand side of the page) before contacting me, please feel free to check the series description there. It is for the Black Ledge Series, print and e-book format. Thanks so much. Looking forward to exploring the site. Best, Paige

Hi there Paige, sounds like an interesting project. However you should post this in the "Mapmaking Requests" section. Also, before doing so, you should read Ravells Sticky on how to request a map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi Paige, I sent you an email. =)
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Hi Paige, Welcome to the Guild. Another Mainer here, York County.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya and welcome to the Guild! As an avid reader of fantasy, please PLEASE include a map. It always really frustrates me when I can't get my bearings in a fantasy world by looking at a map.