Thread: Corth

Wip Corth

I decided to start a Pathfinder RPG and invite a group of guys to play. It has been very fun creating a history, geography, and story line for the game. Ive been lurking around the guild's website for about a month and decided to jump in.

Using Saderan's Tutorial im attempting my map.

First i created the land mass but then i had problems (and it seems most people do) in placing the mountains. So i tried to go off how plate tectonics works (im a Registered Nurse, not a tectonicologist) but my attempt seemed appropriate.

Without further adieu, i present to you: Corth

Note: I did purchase a Genius Graphics Tablet F610 but it seems so much easier using my mouse. If anyone has some tips for me or a tutorial how to use g-tablets better, please share.

I have not finished cleaning up the continents and coast lines but this is where i am right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corth I.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	45832

Name:	Corth I - Plate tectonic and Mountain.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	45833

Okay, cleaned up a little bit and now going to snoooze!

Name:	Corth_v2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	45843

Technically, this starts to look very fine.

I have two major problems with the layout of your landmasses though.

First one: you fell into the "fill the space" trap - resulting in the basically straight northern and eastern coasts. Second, your coast is too consistently chaotic. The resulting continents appear to be frayed, which is very recognisable in the thumbnail and the scaled-to-screen size.

I think you got various very interesting shapes which might be fantastically suited for regional maps, but for a world map I don't think this will work out.