Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible?

Good links NeonKnight

But one clarification, Oerik is the major continent on the planet Oerth. The Flanaess is the eastern part of Oerik.

So we don't teach anything superstitious
    //Anna

Am I right in thinking places like Mysteria, Blackmoor, the Petal Throne and Frank Mentzers Aquaria where all meant to be placed on Oerth? I've yet to have a shufty at these places - something I'll get around to soon.
    De do doe dont de doe.

I think you are. Blackmoor is a part of the Flanaess even, north of Iuz homeland is a barony named Blackmoor. I have a PDF of the original Blackmoor but I haven’t read it yet so I can’t say how well they are in tune.

The Petal Throne and Mysteria I don’t know anything about so I suggest you ask about them all at Canonfire.

//Anna

Mystara (not Mysteria) was a separate Campaign world from Greyhawk, but like Greyhawk had it's own version of Blackmoor present within in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystara

Blackmoor

Mystara (like Greyhawk setting) also incorporated the Blackmoor setting by describing Blackmoor as evolving from a feudal kingdom into a highly advanced civilization, which existed in the distant past. The culture of Blackmoor unfortunately utilized more and more powerful, and destructive, technology. It ended itself in an apocalyptic explosion so devastating that it changed the climate and geography of the planet as a whole.
    As to the Empire of the Petal Throne, from Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petal_throne

Published works

Barker was a Professor of Urdu and South Asian Studies at the University of Minnesota during the period when David Arneson, Gary Gygax and a handful of others were developing the first role-playing games in Minneapolis and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Barker tapped into this tradition to explore and develop the Tékumel setting. His "Thursday Night Groups" were some of the first roleplaying sessions anywhere and provided what was, at the time, a unique, week-by-week development of the setting.

In 1975, Tactical Studies Rules, Inc., the publishers of Dungeons & Dragons, published the Tékumel fantasy setting as a standalone game under the title of The Empire of the Petal Throne (a synonym for the Tsolyáni Empire). It brought a level of detail and quality to the campaign setting which had previously been unknown in the RPG industry, and could be considered a turning point away from the tactical roots of RPGs. The game was the subject of articles in early issues of Dragon Magazine, but factors including inconsistent support from TSR led to its decline in popularity. Over the subsequent thirty years several new games based on the Tékumel setting were published, but to date none have met with commercial success. While published as fantasy, this edition of the game is sometimes classified as science fantasy and erroneously as science fiction.
    Finally, as to Frank Mentzer's Aquaria, the wikipedia entry lists the following nugget:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Mentzer

# The entire RPGA series of adventures based on Mentzer's own home "Aquaria" D&D campaign, coded R1 through R10. The R series of adventures was originally intended to form the basis of a new "Aqua-Oerdian" boxed set to expand upon the World of Greyhawk campaign setting, but these plans were shelved after Gygax left TSR in 1985.
    # Module I-11, Needle (TSR, 1987).
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Oerik is, I believe, the continent.

Yup, and Oerth has, "four great continents and countless islands..."
    Obviously, I am home with my personal library or Adjunct Brain as I call it.

Ohh, It would be nice to see your work in 3d, but I would go the World Wind, instead of Google Earth, route, as custom terrain; ie the your actual 3d heightfield , can be imported as well as imagery.
    I have run me-dem heightfields and imagery in World Wind quite easily, once I sussed the tiling conventions and higher resolution data sets....The difference between running your imagery over a matching heightfield (World Wind) and running it over the "served on the fly" real world terrain in Google Earth is night and day.
    World Wind allows the pulling of terrain from a cache on your computer, or online, but Google Earths, at my last look, is not modifiable.

I did it via Global Mapper, to create the terrain .bil files, and a excel data sheet I wrote to locate the tile edges and generate the tile and folder names..and a little bit of xml modifications to World Winds terrain accessor. So it can be done , and perhaps future versions of World Wind will incorporate it.
    SeerBlue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12