Hi everyone,
I'm a professional web designer/developer and longtime Paint Shop pro user, now learning Photoshop and a little Campaign Cartographer 3. I used to play AD&D back in the 80's, and a bunch of my old friends and I are planning on getting back into it, playing remotely using such tools as Skype, Facebook, GameTable, and whatever other tools seem to work well for the purpose.

And yes, we're picking up our old campaign started over 30 years ago that has hardly been played at all in the past 25 years.

Obviously, technology has changed some things for us. Playing remotely wouldn't have been an option back in the day, but we all lived in the same city and getting together wasn't that big of a deal. Our maps were derived from a variety of sources, but many were just simply hand drawn, or in a few cases drawn with Autocad.

One of the several fantasy worlds that I had created with ideas from other sources was Halfworld, a tidally-locked planet (one side always faces the sun). This caused the planet to have a habitable ring longitudinally, only a few hundred miles wide. Travel too far in either direction and a sure death awaits in the form of either freezing cold or blistering heat. The largest city is at the north pole.

So, my plan is to map this world. Imagining it is one obstacle to overcome, as some rather unusual terrain and weather features have to be addressed. I've done some looking around for more help in this regard, and one resource I found was this:
http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~tmerlis/...ly_locked.html

Anyway, I'll chime in again in a new thread when I have more ideas. Hopefully soon I'll have some rudimentary map of some sort to show for my efforts. If anyone has any more ideas, please add your comments - I'd love to hear them.