Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver City for Deadlands Reloaded Campaign

Guild Novice Facebook Connected wildharmonic's Avatar

Wip Silver City for Deadlands Reloaded Campaign

This is my second map for this game, and at all. The first was a regional map, which was much easier (and is posted over in that end of the forum). This one, for the city itself, was daunting. So I cheated where I could and just dug in and went for it where I couldn't.

Definitely a WIP as I have not even run the first session of the game yet, and am still writing it up. But I am finding that the writing and the mapping go hand in hand and feed into each other in very inspiring ways. I am addicted!

All done in Photoshop. The mountains and trees were done with brushes I found on deviant art, but now that I see how effective and quick that can be I am going to make my own for these things, as soon as I have time. The rest of the map, grunge, roads, rivers buildings and such is all pure photoshop. I wish I could put the 100% my own work stamp on this, so I will be putting more effort into that in the future. For now though I am pretty please to have a usable and editable map for the game.

The final goal for this map, beyond using it for the game, is to write up the campaign for others to use and I will then post it on my blog. But there is a lot of gaming to be done before that happens. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverCityTownMap.jpg 
Views:	1727 
Size:	602.6 KB 
ID:	45862  

Your texture use cannot be eaten by a chicken. (it's impeccable)

The buildings clash a teeny bit with the painterly character of the terrain, but meh, so what. It works. Are they supposed to be quonset huts?

LOL, thanks!

The building style is just a style I saw on a good fantasy map I liked, so I figured out how to make something like it. Originally I had them less colorful, but once I tried the colors I realized it was what I wanted. The reason being that this map will be used in play, and it will be helpful to be able to point things out on the map. The colors just add one more layer of what I can reference. In the end I may do away with the colors and have things numbered, but there is still a long way to go before this is done.

Wip

Here is the latest rendition of my Silver City map for Deadlands. I used some new ideas I got from Ascension's Fastest Town in the West and gave the buildings and tents a redux. I am very pleased with the results. Much more ambience and class I think.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverCityTownMap2.jpg 
Views:	3036 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	45920

I have to say I think those buildings look much better and match the rest of the map. Before the gradient made them look like they had rounded hanger-shaped roofing.

Yea, thanks. I hadn't thought of that until it was pointed out, lol. Just wait until I need to build an air base - I am all over that!

I love this map. I did like the colors in the first map, but the latest version does seem to "blend" better, without losing the buildings. I also like that there are more building shapes - in the first map, they're all rectilinear, but in the second some have little "extensions" (w/e they're called) that add variety without clashing. I love the map style! It's really looking good.

Very nice map. I like the combination of overhead buildings and brushes suggesting a bird eye view . The background looks very artistic, well done!

kestrelgrey, Thanks! I like the new building shapes too. It gives it more of a shanty town feel which is what it is supposed to be.

Lyandra, Thanks!

Should "Moring Star Rd." be "Morning Star Rd."?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast