Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mornin'

Thank you Bob

That makes me love mapping even more!!

//Anna

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings Bob and welcome to the Guild

Any GH fan should hold Anna in heroic awe... When she's finished I'm sure that the four part poster I have courtesy of Dungeon and another personal hero Eric Mona, will actually PALE in comparison to Anna's completed work. (I doubt I'll have the wall space!)

A 3d globe would be nice, eh? .... problem is... and my GH knowledge is not nearly as vast as others... but what's on the other landmasses ?? do we guess? ... I dunno... but it would be something I would have an interest in

Yup RP, the vocab around these parts can be pretty colourful but I promise to leave out all of the blue words!

That is the big problem with a GH globe Delgon - personally, I'd be quite chuffed with just seeing how all the continents fit on the globe. However...from the rare (yet increasing) forays into this subject, I think places like Mysteria (the original D&D world), Blackmoor, Empire of the Petal Throne and Frank Mentzers Aquaria could be considered as parts of Oerth. Even Kara-Tur and Hollow-World was mentioned in some places! I've yet to have a shufty for maps on these places but I daresay I will at some point.

Then again, why not incorporate Faerun or Krynn or Athas, etc. Not something I'd do and it'd annoy the hell out of all them SpellJammers out there!

My pleasure Anna! Any encouragement I can give to help along your project will be given freely and by the shovel load!

Thanks for my tagline Ravells!
    Last edited by BobCarolgees; 05-01-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    De do doe dont de doe.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Faerun... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    don't even get me started....

and... Spelljammer ROCKS!!! one of my favorite campaign settings/arcs... I loved it ... collected every single piece of that set... modules/boxed sets.... matter of fact... the Rock of Bral map is hanging on my wall .. which is ironic considering I detest just about any sci-fi/space oriented RPG .... (I play SW now and again)...

Krynn prolly wouldn't work... setting is far too rigid for Oerth, Athas might be feasible tho.

I too have seen Mysteria, and Hollow World fitting in ...

but I say ... Extend the flavor of GH ... the Suloise and Baklunish civilizations must have had deeper roots somewhere?

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobCarolgees View Post
    Not something I'd do and it'd annoy the hell out of all them SpellJammers out there!
    I think I'm England's most fanatical Spelljammer geek and it wouldn't annoy me if you merged all these worlds into one. I would just turn your world into some sort of Juna themepark designed to emulate all of those other worlds down to the last detail. (It could be a spacefaring version of West World! )

I've seen a couple of people put maps into something related to Google Maps and it is really exciting to be able to play with them using the same sort of tools you use for finding streets. (The last one I saw was a World of Warcraft map.)

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Spelljammer ROCKS!!! one of my favorite campaign settings/arcs... I loved it ... collected every single piece of that set... modules/boxed sets.... matter of fact... the Rock of Bral map is hanging on my wall .. which is ironic considering I detest just about any sci-fi/space oriented RPG
    If you ever fancy mapping a Spelljammer planet or two (or two hundred ) please give me a ping and let me watch.

I know what you mean about Spelljammer. I started off as a science fiction fan and I used to really dislike fantasy stuff. But I got into D&D and saw Spelljammer in the shops and found that I enjoy the setting more than both science fiction and regular (groundling) fantasy. I've mellowed over fantasy now and can really get into it. But SJ is the thing that made me enjoy novels.

I think that one of the things that does it for me is that Jeff Grubb throws science out of the window and makes the setting a solid fantasy-space setting. People flying on open-decked ships and living on the top and bottom sides of asteroids is weird enough to remind you that Mr Einstein isn't in charge. (That is probably one of the reasons why Star Wars works well. It is science fiction, but it is chock full of fantasy elements and is drawn towards the middle ground.)
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12