Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Cow Summertime!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Well if it's any consolation, I'm jealous. I much prefer sweater weather to the broiling summers we get here. We're no Arizona, but we get up to 90-100 quite regularly in July and August and I always look at SF's temperatures with longing Have fun in Hawaii!

I used to say "its not the heat, its the humidity", then someone just back from Las Vegas reminded me that sticking your head in an oven set at 110 degrees is dry heat. Hot is hot, humidity or not! The thing I bemoan most in summer is that when it is so oppressive, its hard to want to get out and walk in the woods.
    @Jaxilon.. so what are you trying to say? Do you really like winter?

Well, winter is isn't really much of winter. It did snow a bit last year which was pretty weird. That only happens like every 5-10 years although nowadays who knows? So yeah, it's nice here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I wasn't trying to be obtuse or serious, your post gave me a good chuckle.

Yeah well, let me tell you how I really feel

Honestly, I'm seriously weighing my options on moving. Might be stuck here a couple more years though :/
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

In typical British fashion were were warned in the spring that they were expecting drought conditions over the summer so they imposed a hose-pipe ban where I live. We have had the wettest June on record with floods in parts of the country. They've decided to lift the hose-pipe ban....not that we needed to use our hose pipes anyway!

Can i just say that the phrase "hose pipe" should really be used more often in the states?

We seem to have found your drought. Michigan's dry as a bone, all the lakes are down by several inches to feet in some places, and we've already had one wildfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Oh! What do you call hosepipes in the States?
    Well, In Canada it's a "garden hose" or just a "hose" and a restriction on use of water for outdoor use (Gardens, washing cars and whatnot) is a "Watering Ban". I'm pretty sure the same terms are used in the US.

As Hai says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast