Thread: Annoucing New Contests

Default Annoucing New Contests

Being new here I was interested in the monthly challenges, and have been waiting for some sort of announcement to prep members to start on a certain day of this month. Much to my surprise I missed the July challenge start date. Please save me from myself how do I get notified about challenges starting? Thank you

They usuallly start on the first of a given month. However, sometimes a challange starts late, and since 25 days is alotted for challenges it might go a bit into the next month. Since most people only require a week to create a map (many in much less time than that), you can start now and participate.

There is no hard start date of a challenge, it varies. But around the 1st of the month the normal challenges start. For Lite challenges it's around the 15th.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yep GP pretty much spelled it out. The best way to make sure you are ready to go from the very start is to follow the Challenge threads themselves as once we go into the voting it is usually just a few days until the new challenges are posted. All the entries are rolled into the archives after the challenge voting is done and we start up with a nice new clean thread. As GP mentioned as well, the main challenge is planned to start on the 1st of the month and the Lite challenges start around the 15th. No hard fast rules on that but you can enter at any time up until everything is locked up for voting.

Look forward to seeing you in there.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Gamerprinter,

I thought I was missing something on the home page. Thank you

Semper Gumby!

Jaxilon,

Thanks for the detailed answer and the vote of confidence!