Thread: Hi everybody

Default Hi everybody

Hello.
    My name is Mert Odabaşoğlu. I come from İstanbul.
    Im writing a book or story
    I published my story at a LOTR's story forum and somebody said me "That site is created for you. You must visit there" then i came here

I wanna develop my story map. If you want to help me all you need is a pm

Hi there Limanerg, welcome to the Guild.

First off, do you intend to create your own map, and are simply asking for advice on how to go about doing so, or are you attempting to commission a map? If the former, then I recommend browsing the tutorials section where you will find tutorials aplenty that will help you on your way. If the latter, then I recommend you post an add in the Map Requests forum, but make sure that you read Ravells sticky on how to post adds before doing so. Either way, good luck on your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hi there Limanerg, welcome to the Guild.

First off, do you intend to create your own map, and are simply asking for advice on how to go about doing so, or are you attempting to commission a map? If the former, then I recommend browsing the tutorials section where you will find tutorials aplenty that will help you on your way. If the latter, then I recommend you post an add in the Map Requests forum, but make sure that you read Ravells sticky on how to post adds before doing so. Either way, good luck on your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    First one, thank you for your reply.
    I created my own map but its not glamorous and it drew on checked paper I want to draw professionally as old maps. How can i say hmmm, like Middle Earth's Map.
    So I must open a topic in Map Requests. Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by Limanerg View Post
    First one, thank you for your reply.
    I created my own map but its not glamorous and it drew on checked paper I want to draw professionally as old maps. How can i say hmmm, like Middle Earth's Map.
    So I must open a topic in Map Requests. Is it true?
    Well I'm still not quite certain from your reply whether you are simply looking to improve your own mapping skills or are looking for someone else to draw you a map, but if you are looking to commission a map, then yes, you should open a topic in the Map Requests forum.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!