Thread: Hello from Germany

Default Hello from Germany

Hello

Im Christina from Germany. I'm thinking about writing a story. I have many ideas, but no courage (<- is that the right word?) to write them down. So i thought about creating the world first.
    I found a programm that can do that for me, but I dont want do spend much money for a fixed idea so i searched more and found this community. I think I am not that bad in drawing and used gimp before, so i think I can create a map myself, and the tutorials will help me *yay* And I think it wont be only one map.... a world needs more than a worldmap i think

~Nightdragon

PS.: I hope my english is understandable. I had only some years at school and learned the most through reading in forums.

Hi Christina! I've only been a member for a little while myself, but I've been exploring the forums for quite awhile - the tutorials are excellent, everyone's friendly and helpful, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot. Writing stories down is pretty hard. Mapping the world out will probably be pretty helpful for you, and at least you'll have some great art.
    Welcome to the forums, and don't be afraid to share your world, stories, thoughts, questions, etc. Good luck!

~ Kes

PS - you're English is great! You have the courage to write in English, so I'm sure you have the courage to write your story.

Welcome to the Guild Chirstina. Kestrelgrey is right, this is a really friendly place, and I think once you start playing around with some of the tutorials here you will find the courage to create that map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

A map will probably help you decide which ones from your many ideas you want to choose but you may get lost in the art of map making and never get to write any of them down in detail as a book ! Its a very addictive hobby...

Courage could be the right word if you mean you wont write it down because of fear - (of it being bad or it being too much work etc) - "resolve", "will", "determination" all similar in meaning where it might mean you wont do it because your too lazy or its too large a task or too much of a burden. Courage could well be the perfect word tho if thats what you mean. Your English is near perfect so don't worry about that.

Welcome to the guild.

Willkommen an Bord!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdragon View Post
    I'm thinking about writing a story. I have many ideas, but no courage (<- is that the right word?) to write them down.
    Das kommt darauf an. Wenn Du vor lauter Angst zitterst, dann is das eine Frage von Courage ("Mut").

Deshalb sollst Du Dir diese Frage nicht stellen, sondern einfach vorwärts, marsch!

Gruß aus dem Steigerwald!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Thank you all for your kind words

Courage could be the right word if you mean you wont write it down because of fear - (of it being bad or it being too much work etc) - "resolve", "will", "determination" all similar in meaning where it might mean you wont do it because your too lazy or its too large a task or too much of a burden. Courage could well be the perfect word tho if thats what you mean. Your English is near perfect so don't worry about that.
    I think it is a mix of that. I fear it could be too bad and my ideas are very chaotic and its soooooo much to write. But I will start with my map today.

@Mark Olivia Siehe oben Mut ist im Deutschen ja nicht nur wenn man vor Angst zittert sondern er kann auch aus anderen Gründen fehlen. Aber danke für den "tritt in den Hintern" sowas brauch ich manchmal *g* Ich werd auf jedenfall erstmal mit der Karte anfangen. Da kann ich mir klar machen wo die ganzen Plätze die ich mir ausgedacht habe denn wirklich sind.

~Nightdragon

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdragon View Post
    Mut ist im Deutschen ja nicht nur wenn man vor Angst zittert sondern er kann auch aus anderen Gründen fehlen.~Nightdragon
    Klar. "Courage" auf English hat eine engere Bedeutung als "Mut" auf deutsch.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project