Just having a bit of fun. =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Coffee Realms web.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	45936
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Blog Entries

Heh heh - like it... You know we should have a challenge based around a real world bit of noise pattern like coffee or the eye iris recently posted and make a map from it. You should have to post the original noise source unless its fairly obvious like in this case.

This also reminds me of a Dilbert strip where they are looking for a new corporate logo spending squillions on Dogberts marketing consultancy but where the result was a coffee ring stain on the counter top - oh yeah here it is... http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1996-06-11/ ... still makes me chuckle.

Awesome, I guess I'm not the only one looking around for things that remind me of maps.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Adept

Excellent. Wish I had done that, LOL.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Thanks, all!

@Redrobes - Yes! I would definitely want into that challenge. Did a map, doing a map, a while ago, from a patch of chipped paint and a dried flower/its shadow on a concrete floor. Gave it rest after outlining all of the tiny islands (three times) and sectioning it into six pieces for an atlas-type book. =) Cute Dilbert strip.

@Jaxilon - I actually do that a lot, not just with maps but creatures and paintings and such. I think it comes of growing up in a house with pine board ceilings, making pictures from the knots. =)

@Veldehar - That's what I said to myself when I saw that eyeland map by Poison. Of course, I don't have his kinda irises... but I'm always staring at my coffee mug. There's a dragon/dinosaur head in my sketchbook that came directly from this practice of gazing. (Yes, I'm weird.)

Blog Entries

LOL, I love it, my coffee once had that plus volcanoes (wierd bubbles) when the milk was 4 days out of date. Always smell the milk before you pour it, then there won't be maps in it.

Haha! Thanks, but mine is because I forget about it until it's gone cold. Tea, too. =)

i'd rep you again if i could :p

"great wall of china"

Guild Journeyer

Very nice and creative idea!

Wow, this is so awesome! So you too see maps and creatures and weird things everywhere? I don't feel so weird anymore.^^
    The challenge idea sounds great. I'm sure that everyone would have a lot of fun participating and observing the creation of the weirdest maps ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast