Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Region 1][Map 30] - Wilderness and Ruin

Looks good so far.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I think it looks very cool Sigurd. The blend between the mountains and the lowlands seems more realistic in this version, as does the basind containing the lakes. I really liked your mountain colour though in the earlier version. It seems a bit of a pity to have lost it.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Is there an image of this area floating around here somewhere? It needs to be uploaded to the wiki.

Post New area 30

I'm having trouble finding the base files for area 30 so I remade it.

Here's the new one. I still don't think its right to the scale though. This time was about 50 times faster to do

I found a small copy of the old one with the hosting site. Its very different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New-Area-30.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	9604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldPNG.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	353.4 KB 
ID:	9607  
    Last edited by Sigurd; 01-25-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I'm having trouble finding the base files for area 30 so I remade it.

Here's the new one. I still don't think its right to the scale though. This time was about 50 times faster to do
    If the areas are about 600 miles square, give or take, then you're about right. I know there's still some debate about the scale for the entire region, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

The map itself looks good. Since there's not really a country region name or anything else to go along with it, I'm going to (assuming it's ok with you) upload it under the Bruskos area, and finally get some information on that page. I think this area and mine are the only two maps occupying that region, so it should work out fairly well. The only population of Bruskos would be the Witchlight Strand on the coast, and that part's already taken care of.

Thanks for taking the time to redo the image for the wiki. I appreciate it, and will rep you accordingly.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Now those are some great lookin rivers.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123