Thread: Tri-Kazel, map from Shadows of Esteren Rpg

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Default Tri-Kazel, map from Shadows of Esteren Rpg

Hi guys,
    The pen and paper Rpg Shadows of Esteren has a nice handrawn map and I wanted to give a try to some techniques for an outcome more accurate and more helpful for players.
    I just finished the very map and of course wanted to share it with you guys.

After many hours working on it, I need some fresh eyes to get feedback. Any comments welcome, as usual
    It's a fair size so you shouldn't have any problem to torn it apart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip-trikazel6b.jpg 
Views:	2255 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	46253  

I think it's looking great. The colors are very serious, the font is nice, you did a good job of offsetting symbols and text with the shadow, I like the ocean texture near to the shore, the trees meld into the landscape nicely.

My only suggestion would be I think the title set inside a decorative cartouche would be a nice addition. Right now it kind of gets lost in the ocean.

Excellent map!

Overall I think it's a really solid map. The mountains, forests, rivers and sea all look great, and I really like what you've done with the title. If I had one nitpick it would be that I'm not that fond of the color choice for the symbols you are using (especially the green). Given the darker color palette of the map I would have gone with darker more subdued colors. But others may disagree. At any rate, great map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Excellent map. I love the way the symbols are shaded and hover above the map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

gorgeous map. i like the drop shadow on the key, though they mght be a bit too bright, considering the colour palette?

Edit: ninja'd by Sapiento!