Thread: The Realm of Fellwall - My second map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Realm of Fellwall - My second map

My second map posting. After creating a map for a friend of mine I felt the urge to redraw an older map of mine that I constantly found myself going back to. The name has changed numerous times: Iron Crag, Iron Realms, Gothique and now Fellwall. This map was always a map project rather than a campaign setting project. But now that it is done I think I would like to populate it. I'm currently in the process of turning it into a Wiki.

I created this map using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop exclusively, my two all-time favorite tools. I begin by drawing all the map elements as outlines in Illustrator then import the rough draft into Photoshop to add the finishing touches. These art elements are all drawn on separate layers, that is the key. It makes it really easy to adjust or edit individual details.

If you view the thumbnail of the map it would appear to be a bit crowded. But when you view it at actual size (it is meant to be printed at 18"x24") I think it looks OK. However, I'll leave that up to the Cartographer's Guild community to decide.

I eagerly look forward to any feedback/comments/suggestions.

'nog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Realm of Fellwall [wiki].jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	46004  
    Last edited by necrominog; 06-25-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added a bit more detail on the map creation process