Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Growing Country Town of Littleknownof, in a not-too-distant corner of Isometria

Wow man, this is really amazing. You are doing such a great job on this so far. Awesome!!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax! =)
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Crap and a half! I forgot to turn the grid layer off when I made a selection to copy all of the visible layers to play with something then spent four hours detailing on top of it. And I stayed up all night doing it! Double craps!

EDIT: You know what, it doesn't matter. =) I'm going to have a good day. And lots of coffee.
    Last edited by Chashio; 06-29-2012 at 04:52 AM.

You can possibly remove the grid by creating a new layer using the same grid and setting it to difference. I think that's the right one...anyway it will cancel out the existing grid. Unless you have painted over the lines in which case you will have different lines on those areas but you might be able to fiddle with the settings to remove most of it. Just a thought. I hate it when I do dumb stuff like that. At least you haven't blown away your entire file by saving over the top of it. :O
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    You can possibly remove the grid by creating a new layer using the same grid and setting it to difference. I think that's the right one...anyway it will cancel out the existing grid. Unless you have painted over the lines in which case you will have different lines on those areas but you might be able to fiddle with the settings to remove most of it. Just a thought. I hate it when I do dumb stuff like that. At least you haven't blown away your entire file by saving over the top of it. :O
    Wow. I did not think of that. And I've been playing with the difference style to make some interesting brick textures lately, too. Jeez. I'll keep it in mind. I did paint over it... it's all hand painted style... and I spent about two more hours fixing it as much as I cared to this morning. Also helped that the cottage it meshed over has a field-stone siding; the little bits still there don't show too much at 100%. May see what the difference does to it now. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    At least you haven't blown away your entire file by saving over the top of it. :O
    I have done that too, just not to this one. That really would dishearten.

Update with field-stone cottage and revision of the tower house, plus a teeny lamp and sign on the well.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isometric practice wip 5.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	691.8 KB 
ID:	46150

That is a very very cute little well you have there. =P

This looks so beautiful already! I love the artistic, "dreamy" style you using.

=) Thank you both. I'm enjoying sneaking in a bunch of little details that you can't quite see in this res-dwn version. Hmm... I think it's devolving into an artistic, "sketchy" style that's been chewed on by a puppy. Perhaps I'll have to up the effort again but, after doing that little cottage, I'm feeling lazy. =P Thank you nature, for your lovely thunderstorm that forces me to stop staring at the computer screen and get some much needed sleep. Or... maybe I'll pick up my favorite pen and work on something else. heheheh!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isometric practice wip 6.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	708.7 KB 
ID:	46168

Guild Member

Great Job Chashio,

The raw art textures are just is something that makes this complete. Perspective is really nice but I don't think you have to be exact for this piece.

rigg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast