Thread: Greetings to all!

Default Greetings to all!

Hello to everybody. For a good many years I am fascinated from looking at maps of all kinds and scale. I found your forum after I decided to take the long shot to see if there were any cartography seminars / workshops in my vicinity (there aren't and probably will not be). Anyway, a brief look at your threads tells me that I have much reading to do.
    Cheers!

Welcome, Attacker. Good to see more new blood here.

Welcome to the Guild Mars Attacker! You have come to the right place. Many people that come here have little to no experience either with cartography, or digital media. However the tutorials are a great place to pick up the basic skills for both (and in some cases, intermediate and advanced skills as well). Holler if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the good words. It is true that I am almost illiterate when it comes to "digital media", apart from a brief spell with Correll Draw X4. I'm mostly a (hand) sketching person, and I do hope that your tutorials will help me get into colours and textures. I also see that there are different styles around, and some really talented cartographers here. In any case, I have a long-term project in mind (which I hope I'll reveal soon), but I'll have to practice first.

Cheers again
    Mars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Guild Mars Attacker! I am looking forward to finding out more about your "secret project"! You will find out that people around here are very helpful and open. Posting a WIP thread is a great idea that might help you fulfill your project, since members of the Guild will give you constructive criticism and share with you their expertise.