Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] New Arden Map 2012

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Love the brushes. Reminds me, Need to do some more of own

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    Love the brushes. Reminds me, Need to do some more of own
    I had the Sam though when i was seeing your brushes. Your style of Rendering is the oposite of mine, more softer edges and shadings.

Beautiful brushes. I know what you mean about feeling the pen in your hand. I recently tried to draw some maps directly in Photoshop.It turned out to be quite challenging and I still prefer to work with the traditional medium. I just have to practice more I suppose to get the "feel of the tablet".^^
    Using brushes in Photoshop the way you do seems very tedious and difficult to me. How do you avoid the overlapping? Do you erase the unwanted bits keeping the brushes on separate layers? Your maps look entirely hand-drawn, if I did not know it, I would not suspect the use of brushes. I truly admire your work and techniques.

When i have some time a can Upload a step-by-step about my workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I had the Sam though when i was seeing your brushes. Your style of Rendering is the oposite of mine, more softer edges and shadings.
    The new set of mountains i done were actually harder-edged... i used a few but they looked different-enough that i decided against using them too much.

A step-by-step would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    The new set of mountains i done were actually harder-edged... i used a few but they looked different-enough that i decided against using them too much.

A step-by-step would be nice
    Actually I was referring to the shadowside of your mountains, they are looking a lot softer/difuse than my hardedge lines in the shadows. I guess my english-skills did mixed the message up. I think I use them more in a painterly style than you, filling a lot of the map with mountains, icons, symbols and so on. Well perhaps more collage/Puzzle than painting. But I slowly want to get into color rendering of maps.

A Step-by_Step would be simply how I build up a system of Brushes, about the different angles of the endings and how to number the variations to have a decent set.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Actually I was referring to the shadowside of your mountains, they are looking a lot softer/difuse than my hardedge lines in the shadows. I guess my english-skills did mixed the message up.
    No I got you, I meant just that - the scan of my new set of mountains ended up with a lot sharper/blockier shading which didn't fit in, but I think I'm still looking for my 'style'. Seems pike you've found yours

Those are some nice looking brushes Schwarzkreuz.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you. At this Moment i try to improove my Set with different types of plants, so there will Be nö more Clone Tree armies anymore

The trees are finished, now i want to trying the treething. I Hope i understand it fast to integrate my own trees into it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast