Thread: Hi all!

Default Hi all!

Just found this website and am very impressed!

I'm a rpg'er and map enthusiast, I've had a bit of a hand in some preliminary maps that have then gone on to be professionally done and put into published works for a rpg writer friend of mine. Nothing like the quality of some of the stuff on here though!

Here's one I've done recently :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m62L.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	46072

Welcome to the Guild Fifty! That's a nice dungeon map you've got there. Was this a pen and paper piece or was it done digitally with a tablet? Well I think you'll fit right in here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and here's a little rep for your map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for like Pen and paper originally, then scanned and coloured in Photoshop.

I'm still learning the whole Photoshop thing - recently discovered 'layers' so I'm looking forward to perusing over a few of the tutorials on this site

oh and on the subject of tablets, I'm tempted... whats the general consensus - are they worth it?

Hi fifty! You've got a nice map there. =) Been enjoying your little drawings. That large room, center right... are those heads? =D haha

Layers are wonderful, so are the tutorials you'll find here. Tablets... Tablets are definitely worth it, if you plan on spending lots of time drawing/painting digitally, but get a good one. I love my Wacom Intuos4, although there are many others. There's actually a rather large thread on the subject of tablets stickied to the top of the general discussion forum... http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...t&goto=newpost ... along with a few others floating around somewhere. Anyhoo, Welcome!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Welcome to the Guild fifty! This a very nice map, well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I have to agree with Chashio, tablets are definitely worth it.^^

HI Lyandra and Chashio!

Yeah I certainly plan on keeping up and trying to improve my efforts so a Tablet sounds like the way to go!

Thanks for the link Chashio I shall start my research now

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gidde everyone's been really welcoming!