Thread: Hello Everyone!

Default Hello Everyone!

Hi, I'm Cramer. Basically, I've loved maps ever since I was 4 years old, but never really took the time to improve my skills in cartography. I've drawn millions of maps since my era of childhood, but now I feel it's time to take mapping seriously. That's why I'm here.

I'd say I was a novice at most of this stuff. I've already looked at the tutorial, and feel they have been quite helpful. Anyways, this site really gave me a realization: I could really get into cartography. My recent maps, which I am too embarrassed to release upon this site, look a lot like satellite images. This is because I overused the noise tool on GIMP. I hope to change this and make more stylistic maps.

Therefore, I'm looking forward to a good experience with this site. My goals are only to improve, while at the same time appreciate other's maps, and to learn from them. I believe there is so much more to a map than, let's say, a painting. There's an experience you just can't replicate when staring deeply into a map. Well, enough with my rantings. I'll start working on my first map in my free time as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Cramer

Welcome to the Guild Cramer! I do understand what you mean when you say that looking at a map is a unique experience. I could stare at them for hours and not have enough of it. You have certainly come to the right place and I am sure you will fit right in.

Welcome to the Guild Cramer, my sentiments exactly. Look forward to seeing your maps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Welcome to the Guild Cramer! What you describe is I think what almost everyone here feels staring at a map. Look forward to seeing your maps too.