Thread: Map usage

Default Map usage

I see so many amazing maps on here. And I try not to overuse that word, but in this case it is most warranted.

I would like to know if there is a usage policy in general or is it base on each particular member? When I say usage I mean the downloading and reproduction of the map(s) in question only for usage in a personal table top RPG campaign. There would be no distribution in public nor would there be any selling of material nor claims made as to authorship.

Thank in advance.

Hi Phlimm. Well I can't speak to all the issues surrounding what is considered "public domain" and what isn't, but I don't think the Guild has a usage policy per se. Many contributors here have however made their work available for private use and distribution under a Creative Commons license (some of them even advertise this in their sig). On the other hand, some of the maps here have been done as commissions for commercial publication. If in doubt, best thing to do is just PM the artist whose work you would like to use and ask permission.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks so much! I have a lot of messages to send...so many excellent maps!

quick reply2

quick reply2a

quick reply4

sorry about these but as a new member i have to post 5 posts before i can submet a question...hi anyway!