Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello World

Guild Novice Facebook Connected forkandahalf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can definitely do the stitching together thing in GIMP. That is one program that I really know how to use.

Blog Entries

Attachment 46245
    And here it is all scanned in and stitched together still a [WIP].
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	46246  

Great start. I look forward to watching your progress. I haven't looked for a thread in the other sections, but I think it's time you move it over there. I know from personal habit that some people neglect the member introduction section in preference of reading the regular boards for officially presented projects.

Blog Entries

Due to the style and monotoneness (not a real word), it is done. I have been having great trouble putting in the other scenery I want because of the style of marker and drawing I'm doing for it.

I think adding some low hills on the margins of the mountains, in the same style as you've got in the Farénos region, would give the whole thing a bit more life. You could also put some hills in the areas where the rivers rise - the headwaters. Large plains do fine, but in that situation the rivers move slowly as they seek the ocean and tend to meander a lot and double back on themselves more than you've got here. So, all that said, would the hardware you're using be decent for adding those things in? that's my only recommendation. Well, perhaps a few small settlements in outlying areas.

Blog Entries

I could do a lot better work now with my dual tip markers (brush and chisel). I am going to be moving to doing a new map, and I will post it as I create it and show my mistakes as well. I also will want it to be community inspired/directed. Again, it will all be done by hand, without software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12