View Poll Results: Should we have a "Redraw Challenge"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds good to me: I've come a long way!

20 100.00%
  • I'd rather not: the past should stay buried.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redraw an old map!

Default Redraw an old map!

Simple idea, inspired by a deviant-art meme that has been floating around for a while: redraw one of your old maps to see how far you've come! The final post should be the original map and the new version side-by-side. I'd personally love to see how far I've come, and it would be awesome to see some of "the greats" post their early work along side their current level of mastery.

This does indeed sound interesting.

Great idea, although I'm totally new to this site so I reckon I'm a dozen tutorials and a good year away from being able to say I've come a long way!

Cool Idea.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Seems like a great idea

Great challenge suggestion! Although my maps are far from perfect, I feel that I've come far enough to try redrawing some of them. I actually have done it twice with one of my old maps.

I did this very recently on the town board. I think it's actually a very good exercise and can be pretty inspiring to both the artist and people looking at it because it allows you to see the progress you have made.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

I like the idea, though I am not sure that enough time has passed for me to really be ready for it yet. But I vote yes for the principle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    I like the idea, though I am not sure that enough time has passed for me to really be ready for it yet. But I vote yes for the principle of it.
    Even if the challenge doesn't happen and even if you don't think you're in a position to do it just now, I strongly urge you to do it as a personal exercise in the future at some point. You will be surprised by the progress you've made and I'm pretty sure you'll suddenly be struck with the gleeful feeling of "Hey I'm actually not too bad, Maybe I should make some more maps!" =P

Sounds like a great inspiration creator ! I wouldn't be able to really participate as I lost all my old work last April in a hard drive crash! But I would love to see then and nows of the masters and soon to be Masters !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast