Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the Cartographers Choice work? If yes, how?

The "plan" was to have a new choice map added every few weeks. The front page would roll them off and display the latest 5.

Unfortunately, we all have full time jobs, and just don't have the time we'd like to do this.

As suggested, rating finished maps makes a part of the job easier, but still a CL needs to write up the post and post in the Choice forum.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by Depassage View Post
    Ok, I understand now... I don't have this option as you can see in my screen capture...

Attachment 46431

Is it a preference I can change or is it related to forum preferences that only managers can activate?
    It is enabled in specific forums (for non Community Leaders). Please check and see - you should have the option when viewing a post in the in the Finished Maps forums.

-Rob A>

Guild Journeyer

Yes, the option appears in the finished map section... and now I also know the meaning of these symbols appearing sometimes at the end of the thread's title...

I also was thinking about another possible option about nominating CG choice: as I faintly suggested in the post beginning this thread, Monthly Challenges winners would make perfectly good choices, already voted for, etc. Maybe it would be possible to script this (I don't know how however... I let this to enlightened programers...) to make the winners automatically appear in said CG Choice. What do you think?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

The Challenges are posted under different rules than the Finished Maps in regards to reposting as Featured Maps. We're going to post them on the front page as articles, but as far as Choice goes they would need to be reposted in Finished Maps to be eligible (as you've probably noticed, a lot of folks do this already).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guild Journeyer

Sorry to come back to that, but I wanted to rate some threads, and was wondering that maybe the qualificative words for each level could be more positive...

Let me be clear, sometimes the work or thread is just ok, but not bad enough to get a 'terrible' note. For me when there's no rating it already means that the thread or work was not sufficiently interesting/good to make people spend a little second rating it... so rating to give a one star 'terrible' or 2 stars 'bad' is somewhat encouraging...

A new scale value could be for example: Ok, Interesting, Nice, Good, Excellent...

What do you think guys/girls?
    Last edited by Depassage; 07-18-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: more clear

Guild Journeyer

Just putting it up...

I think I agree with you. If a map is bad, then chances are it doesn't get rated at all, but for maps that do get rated, it would be nice to have a finer gradation between "Good" and "Excellent."
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Are there no Tutorial Awards any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Are there no Tutorial Awards any more?
    CL availability is limited in the summer months, so we are a bit behind on tutorial awards....

-Rob A>

Guild Journeyer

What about the new scale value? Maybe we could put a poll to check opinions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast