Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the Cartographers Choice work? If yes, how?

Guild Journeyer

Question Does the Cartographers Choice work? If yes, how?

I'm not sure if I'm posting the right location and even if the topic has been discussed previously - I'm quite sure it did, but didn't figure out where to look.

All is in the title... It's not that I don't like the maps currently being displayed as welcome page, but I find this page a little monotonous.

Every once in a while, there are some very good stuff being displayed by the folk here (the challenges winners for example) and other finished maps to be displayed on the home page, don't you think?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, I believe it does....but is a long process to get put up I think.

The Cartographer's Choice Maps are those maps that the CLs feel are real standout maps from all the maps posted in the Finished maps forum. As I am sure you know, some of those are indeed awesome and choosing standouts might be a bit difficult . Once a map is suggested to the CLs as a candidate, they then get discussed on the CL threads, and if they agree, one of the CLs posts it up as a Choice Map.

However, this all comes down to the CLs having the time to do these things, and RL has a tendancy to put restraints on time available for our favorite mappy site. I am sure that they will be back, just give it some time
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I too would like to see some fresh new maps in the Cartographers Choice section. I guess this means that more folks should take the initiative of "recommending" maps they think are superb as candidates for the Cartographer's Choice. That and making sure to rate the thread (same goes for Tutorials BTW, it's been a long time since I've seen any award winning tutorials).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks for the interest guys! This is totally on our radar and we realize we've been slacking a bit on this front. I'll see if I can drum up some new discussion over there and get some action.

In the meantime, follow Arsheesh's advice! Recommendations and ratings are VERY welcome

Guild Journeyer

Sorry to ask such a noob question, but how do you 'rate' the thread or 'recommend' the map or tut?

No worries Depassage, I'm sure many others are probably asking the same question. If you look at the top of each thread on the right hand side you'll find several options, one of which is "Rate this Thread" (see image below). Just click on it, add your rating and away you go!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rate This Thread.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	46428

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Ok, I understand now... I don't have this option as you can see in my screen capture...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2012-07-10 à 15.02.20.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	46431

Is it a preference I can change or is it related to forum preferences that only managers can activate?

Huh, that's really strange. I don't know the answer to this; perhaps one of the CLs knows (it might also be within the Thread Tools?). As to nominating a piece for the Cartographers Choice, I would just say this in a reply to the thread: e.g. "I'd like to nominate X for the Cartographers Choice".

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Pulled that screenshot into the CL forums to see if any of the other CL's have an idea because I'm stumped other than what Arsheesh already suggested. We'll get back to you when we figure it out!

I've also created a nominations sticky in the Cartographers' Choice forum, here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ce-Nominations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast