Thread: Hello from Bellingham, WA and a simple question

Guild Applicant

Post Hello from Bellingham, WA and a simple question

I'm a retired college prof, recently moved from Western PA to Western WA and loving it. I used to teach a lot of basic earth science (Tarbuck & Lutgens text, mostly), as well as many other geology classes, including, for about 15 years, a general-ed Dinosaur course. I've taught a continuing education class...4 sessions...on dinos here, and would like to develop a class to teach in the future. I'm an avid sword-n-sorcery fan, and have an idea for a short course on "world designing"...based on the premise that understanding some of the basic properties of planet Earth can help a fantasy writer create a more believable planetary setting for a fantasy. However, what I am in serious need of is a blank Mollweide grid...just the lat & long lines, that can be printed on 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper. I've had no luck finding one with a Google search. If you know of one...could you email me the reference or the map at doctordino@live.com. If the course makes it, I'd be happy to share the description of the course and some of the principle ideas I use. And if anyone has a good example of a badly designed alien world, please share that with me also.

Welcome to the Guild DoctorDino. Sounds like an interesting proposal for a class. Unfortunately I cannot help you in your search, but I be someone else here can.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Someone recently posted a blank grid in the mapping elements forum. Maybe what you're looking for.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

You might be interested in my thread here, where I post graticules for Mollweide and a bunch of other projections.

Welcome to the Guild DoctorDino and good luck with your project!