Thread: Blank graticules

Post Blank graticules

I've been surprised recently to see threads like this and this; requests for blank graticules. It hadn't occurred to me that most people on these forums who draw their maps directly in Illustrator, Photoshop, or what have you, rather than produce them procedurally like me, wouldn't be able to create them from scratch! My setup, however, makes it really easy for me to make graticules in any projection. To help out the community, I've made up a bunch of blank graticules and bundled them together as PDFs, which should be openable in most apps. Some examples:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graticuleSamples.png 
Views:	919 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	46181
    That's graticules (with the Earth's continents drawn for reference) of the Mollweide, Winkel Tripel, Armadillo, loximuthal, Guyou, Lagrange, polar orthographic, and 180 degree sinusoidal projections. The package also includes Mercator, Miller cylindrical, equirectangular, Cassini, stereographic, Lambert azimuthal, Eckert 4 and 6, Airy, Aitoff, Peirce, and van der Grinten 1 and 3. The formulas are taken from Snyder's "An Album of Map Projections", which is available online at http://pubs.usgs.gov/pp/1453/report.pdf . Each projection has three files: one, as shown above, with the graticule and the Earth for reference; one with latitudes and meridians every 15 degrees; and one with lines every 5 degrees.

As I said, these are really easy to generate, so if I can do anything to make these more useful, let me know!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I can't believe no one's thanked you for this! These are incredibly helpful and something that I've been looking for forever!

So, THANK YOU!!! (And repped.)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected york84109's Avatar

This, Is, Awesome!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Sometimes these things get buried! I just happened across this . Many thanks and REP.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those are fantastic !! I've never done a map in that style but now you've got me thinking.... Thanks so much and have some rep !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Yeah really nice!!! i use GProjector to generate a a trusty projection and with it i get the gratitudes. Thos png make the things really quickly, thank you for share!!

Guild Applicant

Thank you so much for these - I came across this after much frustrated Google searching! Exactly what I needed for my own attempts at maps.