Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June/July 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Ashenbrook Cave

I use a tablet pen, a wacom intuos 4 medium. I could not live without it. It may as well be grafted to my hand. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I use Paint Tool SAI for my lines because they come out better than in any other program I have tried. In photoshop the closest I can get is setting the brush size to pen pressure in the brush options but even that doesn't work as well.
    If just using Paint Tool SAI could make me draw like that, I'd buy it in an instant .

I use Paint Tool SAI for my lines because they come out better than in any other program I have tried. In photoshop the closest I can get is setting the brush size to pen pressure in the brush options but even that doesn't work as well.
    I will have to look into this. =) Thanks for the input!

EDIT: mhmm, I see what you mean.
    Last edited by Chashio; 07-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I agree, paint-tool sai is brilliant with Tablets, but be forewarned, if you have a Bamboo like me and use it, it will often go unresponsive (The pen, not the program.) for as long as you have that window open, to fix it simply remove preferences.
    Oh, and brilliant job Larb!

It occasionally (rarely though) does it with my intuos 4, but if I nudge my mouse, I get my tablet responsiveness back. Not sure what causes it, but it's so rare to not be an issue anyway.

I hate colouring things sometimes. I really should practice more.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashenbrookcave.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	818.7 KB 
ID:	46512

I like how the cave's walls and the rocks are looking now. The water is an odd color though, especially the stream outside the cave - I'd expect a darker and more bluish shade to it.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

It occasionally (rarely though) does it with my intuos 4, but if I nudge my mouse, I get my tablet responsiveness back. Not sure what causes it, but it's so rare to not be an issue anyway.
    I used to have the same problem with my Intuos 3 sometimes, but it turned out to be a driver problem. Windows XP driver on Windows 7. Maybe that's where the bug bites, and not Paint Tool? Just guessing here ...

Like the new update. It's starting to look really awesome. Nice colours ^^ I take it the water isn't done yet?

Yep, I've mostly done the water now. It will be finished soon. Just in time too!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashenbrookcave.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	46533

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Wow ...
    How did you do the water? It looks terrific!

I changed the original colour to a blue-green, then I used a darker shade on the water in the cave. Then I got lazy and did some cut and paste/mirroring of the cliff walls on a separate layer, lowered the layer opacity then used the ripple filter on it. Then deleted bits of it with a soft eraser.

Then I went a bit crazy with low opacity soft white brush. Then I added a few other colours. I probably spent longer than I should but I mostly like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast