Thread: Addition to RobA's weathered paper

Guild Applicant

Tutorial Addition to RobA's weathered paper

Hi all, long time lurker here. I've been shamelessly stealing tips and methods from this site in preparation for 3 themed maps (they all are in the same style) that i'll post when I'm done.

I got bored and decided I wanted to do a sheet of notebook paper in the style of Da Vinci, and wanted a kind of thatched/woven canvas to be shown at the frayed edges. This effect can apply to any map/paper made with Rob A's tutorial.

I found a very basic tutorial for this effect on another site, but I can't find the source, and his didn't account for a 'rougher' version that is explained in my tutorial.

TONS of Credit to Rob A. (I can't believe how much I run into helpful tips of his off this site.) I used his 'weathered paper' tutorial for everything in my final paper except a few doodled images I scanned in and the effect for the edges/ holes.

I admit my tutorial isn't really up to this board's standards, so let me know if you need it in a higher quality or something (or if I'm covering something that already has a tutorial, I couldn't find one... but I didn't look through them all).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Addition to weathered paper.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Da Vinci Sketch3.jpg 
Views:	2095 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	46199  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor arsheesh's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild Ian, and what a way to delurk! Thanks for haring your frayed canvas method with the Guild. Here's a little bit of rep for your contribution. Look forward to seeing your maps when they are finished.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar
    Poughkeepsie, NY USA

Great first post!