Thread: A greeting to all.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A greeting to all.

I'd just like to pop in and introduce myself. I've been drawing maps for as long as I can remember. Oftentimes, in school, I'd begin doodling a crude map of whatever region was on my mind after a test (I recall a particularly detailed map of Greece that bought me extra credit during a Latin test). This has been aided by a love of fantasy. I'm sure I'm not alone amongst you fine fellows when I say I can draw Middle-Earth from memory. My visits to this site were first prompted by a quest for good online map-making tools for tabletop RPGs. I happened to peruse a few guides, and decided I might try making a real "quality" map rather than the usual hand-drawn or MS Paint ones I usually give out to my players. Hours of guides and GIMP later and I find myself with a map better than any I've ever made. I then look at some of the incredible maps other members have posted and realize just how much better I can make myself. So, I humbly present myself and my ambition to make truly quality maps and look forward to the lessons ahead.

Welcome to the Guild Tazgrent! You will fit right in here.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Raederle's Avatar

I can't draw a very good middle earth map from memory, but the whole box-shaped set of mountains around mordor and its relation to hobbiton certain fits well in my mind.

Anyways, welcome from one newbie to the guild to another.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!