Thread: Newbie

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Todd Payne's Avatar

Default Newbie

Hi all

My name's Todd, from Newcastle, Australia.

I've always had an interest in old style maps, architectural plans, etc. Recently, I uncovered the beginnings of a map that I'd drawn for who knows what reason, and it sorta pushed me back in this direction. That led me to this site, and I hope that I can put some of what I've discovered here to use.

I'm also an amateur photo-retoucher so I have a good working knowledge of Photoshop and it's tools. I'm still discovering new tricks though. I also, unfortunately, lack access to a drawing tablet - which I have recently discovered makes drawing rivers a pain in the neck. My mouse just doesn't quite work how I want it to.

Anyway, it's good to be here. Looking forward to participating in the community.

Welcome to the Guild Todd. I imagine a tablet certainly would help (not that I'd know, I'm doing the mouse thing myself). At any rate, glad to have you on board and look forward to seeing your contributions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Welcome to the Guild Todd! I'm a former mouse user, and now having a tablet not completely recognised by softwares/OS, I don't have full options, but enven though it's really a more conveniant tool than mouse... But again, practice is also needed to get used to it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard! I got so hooked on using my tablet that I bought another one to use at work so I'd never have to use a mouse for anything