Thread: From Professional to Newb

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post From Professional to Newb

I am a GIS Tech by trade and have kept my employers happy with my map-making skills. But lately I feel like I've hit a wall and that a lot of my maps just have the same monotonous feel to them. For the past two months I guess, I've been trying to find more creative and captivating ways to make my maps. Then I find this site. I think this may be just the place I'm looking for.
    Jumping around this web site is already giving me new ideas and I am really looking forward to implementing them. And I've got a lot to learn. Unlike fantasy maps, I'm still constrained to real world data, but I don't need to be constrained to how I present it. Thank you for this website.
    Last edited by Nathan Saylor; 07-04-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Welcome aboard, it just goes to show you it's possible to learn something from crazy people too.

I'm sure most of us would love to learn some things from you as well so please share anything you are able to.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Welcome to the Guild Nathan! I agree with Jax, sounds like you have allot to contribute here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'm so thrilled to get started.

Guild Journeyer

Welcome to the Guild Nathan! Like the others, I would really pleased to get an eye on your work too. Along with learning some reality world map tricks...

Yep. Welcome.
    Cool name btw ^^

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!