Thread: New Map Pack - Mega Townscapes: Human Town

Default New Map Pack - Mega Townscapes: Human Town

Hey folks! I wanted to do a quick post announcing my most ambitious map pack yet! This time I've done something to cater to the VTT/Maptool crowd a little more than usual: I've mapped an entire town center (14 buildings, some with more than one floor) in encounter-scale format!

As usual with my releases, I've included full Maptool support, which means object-free versions of the maps, all objects in .png format, and a .cmpgn files with vision and object layers already set up for you. I've included two .cmpgn file versions in this release: the first features the full map (72x48 inches) for the grand, sweeping view of the place. This version uses some of Wolph42 (of the MapTool forum)'s bag of tricks for automatic transitions onto the internal maps, and some rooftops and foliage that vanish when you walk under them.

That one is a bit slower loading when switching between maps, so I've also included a second .cmpgn with each building on its own map for easy import/export/faster loading. Hopefully this makes it maximally useful for the Maptool crowd! Anyway, see below for the cover image and the copy, and feel free to follow the link to the flash preview and .gif illustrating some of the features.

Also:Devin Night has been kind enough to let me package his Townsfolk tokens in with this release! I've dedicated a page in the Readme to thanking him, and a .txt note directing people to his site in the download itself.

Mega Townscapes: Human Town

What has transpired here and, more importantly, what is about to? Has your band of adventurers stumbled upon a fortified town in the depths of the wilderness? Is this the place the party’s solemn fighter has tried to forget, or one of many cities where your Rogue is still wanted for murder? Is this the centerpiece of your new campaign, or a milestone along the way? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

Make your epic tale of adventure truly epic in scope: “Mega Townscapes” are full-featured encounter maps designed to fill your fantastic world! “Human Town” features a massive town center. With a base map measuring 72x48, this town is approximately four posters in size, but also includes supplemental interior maps for all structures, several with more than one floor. Print and VTT files for the entire town or individual buildings are included. All maps are in typical 1 inch = 5 feet scale.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:
    • Full-color maps in .jpg files (versions with and without grid)
    • PDF files with images sliced up over multiple pages for small-format printers (both the entire town and individual structures)

D20 Cartographer also supports virtual table top (VTT) systems and includes:
    • 100 DPI gridless maps with objects and dungeon dressing removed
    • A folder with all ‘objects’ (over 100!) separate in .png format for use on this map or reuse on your private maps
    • An RPTools MapTool VTT file with vision blocking and object layer set up for you

This map pack includes files for printing: both full .jpg maps and .pdf files with the maps split across multiple pages for small-format printers. Print files are included for either the entire town, or each individual building.

As with all D20 Cartographer releases, this map pack includes files formatted for use with virtual tabletop programs and Maptool .cmpgn files with vision blocking and the object layer already set up! Don’t bother with a trip to the print-shop: just drop in tokens and get playing! Two MapTool .cmpgn files are included: One featuring the entire town, and one with each structure split up on its own map for easy export/import into your existing campaigns.

Anyway, thanks for looking! As the name implies, if this does well, I hope to do several more "Mega Townscapes" featuring towns for other fantasy races as well!

Nice Town, Excellent Work!!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks great, RE!

Thanks, guys! It was a fun project and a lot of work. I learned that 72x48 inches is probably about the max I can manage with my little laptop! I didn't mention a list of building that come on this, by the way: Inn, tavern, arms and armor shop, warehouse, magical goods, guild hall, barracks, general store, travel goods and adventuring supplies, several houses, a small bazaar of tents, a pavilion, and the battlements/towers. It is the most expensive map I've put up, but I think it is a good value. It has over 100 objects/furnishings, too.

And now all I can think about is doing an elven town next.

Awesome work bro! Looks so good.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt