Thread: Finally made a map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Finally made a map

After a few weeks I finally was able to follow one of the tutorials to make a map ( of sorts ). I chose tutorials for Photoshop as I know my way around in it better than the rest of the programs used. That really isn't saying much on my skills..... I'm not very artistic, and I'm sure that is said a lot, but I do try. I was aiming for an island cluster/chain possibly tropical in nature and maybe formed from extinct/inactive volcanoes. I think I got carried away with the foliage a bit and the ocean is really dark. I followed the Saderan tutorial as I would get messed up with the others and could not figure out where I went wrong ( Even after reading other threads to find some incite ). Didn't do any rivers, but I'm sure there are a few places that would do nicely for them. Had trouble with the paths part of the tut so I skipped it. In all, I got this done in about four and a half hours and am pretty pleased with my first attempt. So here it is for critiquing. Hope you all enjoy a newbies first try as I'm sure I will enjoy the critiquing. Thanks in advance!

P.S. : I have not named this as I am still trying to learn the techniques.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	574.5 KB 
ID:	46305