Thread: WIP - Strohe - Fumbling my way trough photoshop

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Wip WIP - Strohe - Fumbling my way trough photoshop

After using CC3 for some time, and feeling that I lacked some control over my overland mapping, I decided to give mapping with PS a shot. Been a person that cannot even draw a stickman with a gun to my head, I read up on a lot of tutorials, tried something here and there and ended up with the WIP you see under here.

There is still much I have to learn how to do, as an example, I dont really have a clue how to get a fitting mountain in this map, and I do feel that the forrest is a bit off. But all in all I can feel that PS is a piece of software I can get comfortable with over time. (And thanks to the accademic version I can actually afford it!)

If someone has any suggestions, feel fre to fire away, as I really want to get better in PS and cartography

Edit: oh, and the names are just placeholders from testing out photoshop labeling

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strohe.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	46345

I like the coloring fading into the barren lands. The rivers do seem a little strange in the forests though. Not that I have any clue mind you!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Yeah, I noticed that there were something there as well after I posted it, will prpbably be pretty easy to fix when I am back on my regular machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strohe.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	46419

Edit:
    added the newest WIP
    Tried to stuff some mountains and other little tweaks in there, and realizing that it rather crude when zoomed in (I did a lot of the work on an 11" screen on a couch, so most was done zoomed out)
    Still not perfect, but I feel I am getting more and more familiar with photoshop.
    Last edited by Elothan; 07-09-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added WIP