Thread: Fantasy Map WIP

Guild Apprentice

Default Fantasy Map WIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fantasy_world_map_wip_by_kazouru-d5bey0y.png 
Views:	2190 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	47570

Ok, that's one map I'm currently working on... I need your comments on this map. I want to know what I should add to it, other than the names. Maybe somebody could help me and link me a cool black & white compass that I could use and also a good looking font for this.

That looks really good! The main problem I have with it is that your trees look too regular; it'd be nice if you could make the spacing between them more uneven and include a greater variety of brushes for the same type of tree. But the colors are excellent, the variations in the water are particularly great, your rivers follow the rules, and overall the map looks very nice.

Guild Apprentice

Whoa, hold on... My rivers follow the rules? I'm amazed! Heh. I know the trees are a bit regular but hey, I'm bit lazy when it comes clicking around and changing brushes every two seconds... It gets tiring. -.-

What program are you using to do this? Because it looks like something you could easily import into GIMP and then use an animated brush to lay down a random assortment of trees.

Looks great, though it needs some randomisation IMO. Parts of it look much too regular, e.g. the northeastern mountain range or the rivers (not the shape, the form).