Thread: Photoshop - How to save large dimension jpeg or similar imgtype?

Default Photoshop - How to save large dimension jpeg or similar imgtype?

Ok, I've started working on a huge map.. its 195x140 cm which is roughly something like 7 feet x 5 feet. 300 DPI..

But Photoshop won't let me save it into a jpeg or tiff file..

Raw and PDF doesnt seem to work either.

Any ideas/solutions which can help me out?
    Thanks in advance

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

strange - photoshop elements and the normal psd (not the psb) has a limit of 30.000 pixels, so you should be below that... what version are you using?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    strange - photoshop elements and the normal psd (not the psb) has a limit of 30.000 pixels, so you should be below that... what version are you using?
    PS5 Extended Edition - version 12.0 x32

I got it to work if I flatten the image and then save it, but I still don't get why I have to flatten it before it can save because, as you say, Im below 30.000 pixels.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by korric View Post
    PS5 Extended Edition - version 12.0 x32

I got it to work if I flatten the image and then save it, but I still don't get why I have to flatten it before it can save because, as you say, Im below 30.000 pixels.
    Your hitting the memory limit is what is happening.. At least that is what it seems like.. I have the same version but use the 64 bit one.. The only limit on the memory is what is installed on your machine..

Are you aware that you always have to flatten a Photoshop document (PSD) first in order to save it as a jpg or tiff? The jpg and tiff formats don't support layers.
    Last edited by ManOfSteel; 08-17-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel View Post
    Are you aware that you always have to flatten a Photoshop document (PSD) first in order to save it as a jpg or tiff? The jpg and tiff formats don't support layers.
    Last I seen Tiff does support layers.. I have several that have layers in them..