Thread: Kosmos ton Mython - Detail: Island of Kentrikos

Default Kosmos ton Mython - Detail: Island of Kentrikos

The island of Kentrikos lies at the western end of the strait between the Meosgaen and White Sea. It is a few dozen miles long at its widest point, with a narrow set of short mountains on the eastern side. Of the four great cities of Man's Golden Age, counting amongst their number the grand city of Atlantis, only Empyrean remains, floating about a mile above the island. Powered by high technology now known only amongst the insular Conclave of Empyrean, the city is the pinnacle of human ingenuity, as well as an obvious contrast to the comparatively primitive human civilizations elsewhere. With their superior machines, the Conclave could likely rule the world. Yet, they remain on their island, apparently content to accumulate knowledge and rest on their laurels.

Credit to: Gidde, for posting an incredible tutorial for making this beautiful map. The fonts were downloaded from dafont.com.

I find I much prefer this style to the Cloud/Layer system. I feel like I have more control over the results, and I like the finished product more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kentrikos.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	46272  

That turned out nicely. Great use of Gidde's tutorial (BTW, if you liked Gidde's tutorial, you should rate it if you haven't already done so).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks good! Glad the tut was of use