Thread: Greetings from the dessert

Guild Applicant

Default Greetings from the dessert

Howdy all,
    I am in Arizona and with all the heat I keep thinking of a story based in a northern rocky area that has snow about as long as we have 100 degree days. My silly story is shy and resisting all attempts to pry it out of the safety of my head. It did bring up a valid point, it will be easier to write if I have a basic map in mind. Or so my story claims. My attempts at hand drawing kept turning into silly doodles, like Egg Island! So after spending a couple hours searching for map makers that aren't expensive, I stumbled upon you all. Loved the tutorials I have read so far. Now I am off to check out a few more. Tomorrow I shall test them out making a decent map of Egg Island.

Welcome to the Guild Elliespot! There are several threads here on the topic of evaluating different forms of map-making software (or software that can be used for that purpose). My own recommendation would be to check out GIMP, a free raster based program similar to Photoshop. You won't have to pay a penny and the program is fairly powerful. Also, there are several great GIMP tutorials here. Best of luck on your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! And good luck on both the mapping and the writing