Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JULY 2012 Entry - The Kingdom of Balrathia

-D-

###Latest WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom of Balrathia.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	46890  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Excellent map! The shades of blue for the ocean is great, very dramatic.

Darn work getting in the way

-D-

###Latest WIP###

Views:	55 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	46970  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Nice work.

One problem, your map is not showing up on the Challenge Thumbnail Page. The ###LATEST WIP### thing isn't working. I am not sure, but I think it is because of the way you post your maps. Try posting a map using the third icon from the right. It is square, green and says Insert Image when you mouse over it.

I go through the advanced image uploader, I always have and it hasn't seem to fail me before.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Cropped down the image and added some details (waves, a compass, border), dialled back the farmlands a bit and added some cloud cover around the non-essentiall lands I won't be focusing on. Only need to add some more details and labelling and I can call this done.

-D-

###Latest WIP###

Views:	50 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	47023  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Lone D I think the thumb scrubber is case -sensitive (### LATEST WIP ###). I did the same thing and it wouldn't find it . Nice map by the way !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Unless I can think of something else or I can get some free time in the next few days before the end of the comp I'm calling this done. I shouldn't have left this off for so long, this was a bit rushed.

-D-

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	126 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	47029  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Wow. Great job. Just a couple things I notice though: The snow-stone transition of the mountain range on the main peninsula is pretty stark. I'd be inclined to blend the snow a bit. The other is that, for all the detail and crispness of 99% of this map, the coastline is VERY pixelated. Artifacting, I am guessing. I had that trouble when I bump mapped my rivers, and for me, running a slight blur took care of that.
    Last edited by Seraphine_Harmonium; 07-28-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Guild Apprentice

I love that you added actual clouds to your map, and the lettering you used in the water looks "engrained" into the map. I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast