Thread: Chile Volcano

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Link Chile Volcano

Nothing to do with mapping but I saw these pictures today of the volcano erupting in Chile in the middle of a lightning storm. It looks incredible. Anyway, here's the link to some pics:

Holy Cow!!! That is incredible! Are you certain that is a real pic? It looks a little PhotoShopy to me, but I have been surprised by nature before. That almost looks like something that would spawn life or something.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

No, 100% real apparently. UPI pictures is a professional photo-journalist site from what I can see and that picture has been bought by a few of the big UK broadsheets so I doubt it is photoshopped.

It is phenomenal though. That's about as cataclysmic an event as you can get in one place. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use that for this month's mapping challenge

Wow! Too bad it is watermarked it would make a great desktop wallpaper.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.