Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please, i need a 2 floor tower

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Took the taken marker off.

Guild Journeyer

still in need

I was haunting these forums tonight and noticed your request. I don't normally have a lot of time for map-making these days, but I try to put one together once in a while just to keep my Sketchup skills from atrophying .

I don't know if it's the style you're looking for, but if it is, it's all yours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watchtower.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	47088

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Drats - I didn't realise this was for a publication - I thought this was just for you! That'll teach me to properly read the OP before volunteering for stuff. If its for a publication its more problematic - I'll need to ensure I don't use other people's resources and such. I'll see what I can do for you.
    Actually Jack, I don't see a problem here. Unless I am mistaken, it looks like everything you used is from DundJinni and cgTextures. The standard at DJ is that all user posted art is free to use for any purpose unless the member specifically posted that it is restricted use. Only a few people ever did post restrictions. (Ask me if you have specific questions) and the textures at cgTextures can be used for any commercial use other than Video games as long as the original texture cannot be easily extracted and that they are credited as the original source.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but that is my interpretation.

That's great to hear Bogie.

I went back to my original Madness at Gardmore tower maps and checked through it, and the only thing I wasn't sure about were the floor tiles that had been made (or perhaps modded from your floor tiles) by Neyjour. That's why I removed those tiles and replaced them with a texture I created myself in the version I posted up for the OP in Post 8. Unfortunately this appears to have been too dissimilar from the OPs original request.

I may still be able to help OP in a week or so if my workload becomes a little lighter.

Neyjour has some great art, but she is one of the ones who specified personal use only on her work.

Hi there Rossik - I finally have some time to help you out, I think. I put this together for you so far: is this the sort of thing that you were looking for? Is the scale correct? Are the colours working for you? Would you like me to finish up this ground floor for you?

Name:	Tower 1.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	47292 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower 2.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	47294

EDIT: Well, I finished the exterior anyway. I won't do anything else until you come back, in case you found another tower.

Name:	Tower 1.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	47306
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 08-07-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Guild Journeyer

OMG!
    sorry guys, i didnt got my email notification!
    jack, this is the right way, thanks a lot

dont know if you still have the time, but if so, i would be glad to have a map of yours

Hi there - I thought you had given up! I should have the time at the moment; are you completely happy with the ground floor, the floor colour and texture, the walls, the archway; the exterior - grass colour river colour and funny-looking rocks?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast