Thread: Marble Floor Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Default Marble Floor Map

Hi you all,

I just finished another map for our GM, engraved in a marble floor we found in the palace of the northeasternmost city on the map, Tarantia.
    It shows Tarantia, the city of thousand bloody altars, alongside with its vassals and conquered lands, in the northeast, the eastern part of the Empire of the Fire Sultan in the Northwest and the center, and the free cities of the East in the southwest (Sounds a bit strange, now that I come to think of it... ).

I'm still not satisfied with the brush I created for the hills, the still look a bit strange, but I've given up after a few dozen tries. The dunes turned out pretty good in my opinion, at least the are still recognizable after engraving them. The mountains are a bit abstract, but otherwise ok, too. I'd have liked somethink like the dunes, but that turned out to be too busy with the rivers and cities in the central mountain range...

Well, here is it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarantisches Reich small.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	46445

I also want to do a hand drawn version of this, bigger, and with little pictures for the cities - I'll see if I can do that after finishig this terms exams next week.

Bye,
    Niall
    Conversation at university while writing our group report:
    "I'll make a map." - "We don't need a map, we only interviewed some people." - " I know, but it won't stop me from making one."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That looks really cool! Nice job on the engraved-in-marble effect.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks.
    Conversation at university while writing our group report:
    "I'll make a map." - "We don't need a map, we only interviewed some people." - " I know, but it won't stop me from making one."

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hey guys well that's really amazing task.Thanks buddy!!

Granite Benchtops
    Last edited by Lomew Bartho; 10-21-2013 at 11:02 AM.