Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartographers' Choice Nominations

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I don't know exactly how featured maps are chosen, but whatever Vorropahaiah and Blaidd said ( ) their both maps are true amazing works. Having already a featured one or being congratulated on DA shouldn't prevent them to be rewarded like they deserve. After all CG is not DA and I already saw cartographers with 2 featured maps here. I'm kinda happy to be nominated along those two beast map(artists)makers and I hope we can friendly "challenge" together on this nomination (maybe along others cartographers to join).

I think all these maps are amazing, each in their own way. I would be hard pressed to pick one over the others.

I also think Max is being to hard on himself, using someone else's brushes does not detract from how you used them and how the final map looks.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

If Max is being hard with himself, someone saw this map?

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ntasy-map.html

Very impressive work!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

can nomintions still be posted here? there hasnt been a comment here in close to a year. Perhaps its time to get the ball rolling for a set of new nominations?

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    can nomintions still be posted here? there hasnt been a comment here in close to a year. Perhaps its time to get the ball rolling for a set of new nominations?
    Yes, please do! There are a number of maps that have been posted over the past year and it would be great to at least some of them recognized with a CC award. It would also be great to see more people from the community put forth these nominations, it's a good reminder and motivator for us CLs.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Great idea! I'll nominate some These are from the top of my head, there are of course many more fantastic maps here, but when seeing these I remember thinking that they where CC-worthy.
    Empire of Aversten by Seredemia
    World of Eldoran by Ilanthar
    Central Alemnia by Daelin
    Sultanate of Zender by HandsomeRob
    The Mirror – Ireland/Erin by -Max-

Lingon's nominations are all good (especially Ilanthar's Eldoran), but I'd like to nominate a different map by Ilanthar: the city of Argona. THW

Thanks guys !

But I'm not sure to be confortable with that... I mean, there are a lot of good maps in here (which inspired me much btw)!
    It's not false modesty, just a fact. Anyhow, I'm really not confortable about Eldoran as a CC, as I used the existing coastlines of the Lythian continent of the Hârn World.

And, that's not gonna be good for my ego

+1 vote for those nominated by Lingon and THW.

I'd also like to nominate Vardenia & Urenia by - Max -.

I'm fairly certain that there are load of others I've seen in the short time that I've been here that are at that top level, but can't think of any others right now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast