Thread: Province of Kethras Sovril and Surrounding States

Post Province of Kethras Sovril and Surrounding States

This is a map of Province of Kethras Sovril and it’s Surrounding States. All advice and comments for future projects are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	102757  

I would recommend you to maybe shorten the grass lines, even though they have a different shape from the waves, once you get inland it gets a little confusing to tell between waves and grass.
    Another suggestion is to use different thickness. The smaller details should be in thinner traits, whereas big features such as mountains or coastlines thick. Also, since the texture tends to fill blanks inland, but not on the ocean, its easy to tell apart water from earth, but on earth it gets hard to seperate regions and to locate cities. Again, maybe thinning the lines for vegetation or maybe simply lessen the texture to make it less clustered.

What I do applaud! The letters and the scrolls! Awesome!
    What I really find attractive: the dragon and the bird.
    What's great: a spherical map with a frame.
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Hi Creativetides,

Really nice map, it has a very readable feel. The dragon, I particularly like!

Just a couple of points...

As mentioned above, more differentiation between grass and sea would be good. When I first looked at it I took a while to figure out which areas were ocean and which were land, and hence the shape of your main landmass.
    Also, you may get the river police on you for having more than one outlet to the sea for your river system...

Quote Originally Posted by Elterio Delgard View Post
    I would recommend you to maybe shorten the grass lines, even though they have a different shape from the waves, once you get inland it gets a little confusing to tell between waves and grass.
    Another suggestion is to use different thickness. The smaller details should be in thinner traits, whereas big features such as mountains or coastlines thick. Also, since the texture tends to fill blanks inland, but not on the ocean, its easy to tell apart water from earth, but on earth it gets hard to seperate regions and to locate cities. Again, maybe thinning the lines for vegetation or maybe simply lessen the texture to make it less clustered.

What I do applaud! The letters and the scrolls! Awesome!
    What I really find attractive: the dragon and the bird.
    What's great: a spherical map with a frame.
    Awesome thanks so much I did notice it was hard to differentiate from the foliage and the waves when I had finished. using thicker and thinner line work in different areas for different affect, great advice ‘noted’

Great I will keep that in mind in the future.

Very nice work and original layout!