Thread: Iscebeal (WIP)

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Wip Iscebeal (WIP)

The following is a map of Iscebeal, a Port Town from my setting Cad Goleor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iscebeal1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	46500

For me it's a tad problematic that the angle of the land is different from the angle of the buildings. The buildings seem to me as though they're depicted at abou 60 deg from vertical, while the landform is 45 degrees. Another thing to think about is reducing the thickness of the black coastline, maybe indicating some grass fields on it or such?

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Oh, yeah, it's still a work in progress. I don't see what you are seeing about the buildings. Well, I am sure that the round ones are at the angle I want them. Not as sure about the more rectangular ones though. Those came from a brush set I downloaded.

I'm a total noob and wouldn't know where to even begin in trying to map in this perspective. I think it looks great! (especially the little path leading to the fishing village in the bottom right)

But...It looks like the top/right quadrant of map is going uphill pretty drastically (moving up instead of north). If that's not your intent, then perhaps you could try scaling down some of the symbols progressively as you move towards the top of the map (i.e. trees, fences, and houses). Or maybe - just try adjusting the border of the land mass (in the top center) to more closely follow the line you've established with your fences (I think that part of the border is what is tricking my eyes).

Again - i'm a total noob and mean no disrespect...its just my 2 cents