Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erathion v2.0 (WIP)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Hey Guys, is it not normal on a map to be crowded? Last time I looked into an Atlas there where at least 2.000 names on a page...
    True, but most atlases are also basic four-color maps without all the awesome terrain work that this map has. It would be a shame to completely cover all that up...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    True, but most atlases are also basic four-color maps without all the awesome terrain work that this map has. It would be a shame to completely cover all that up...
    Thanks for the compliment.

Some areas are going to be more busy then others, I think. The area I'm working on now is akin to Europe so naturally places end up more densely packed...but northern Vesta and the eastern portions of Asteria will likely be more open.

Guild Apprentice

I think the road, with the circle symbols, is making things even busier. maybe if it was a simple brown road, it would unclutter things a little bit more.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

I think if you shrunk your font size a bit, for the less important places, that would make it seem less cluttered.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi, I liked your Icons so much that I adapted them in my own style. I hope thats ok for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Hi, I liked your Icons so much that I adapted them in my own style. I hope thats ok for you?
    Of course that's okay! Glad my art was an inspiration...can you post a link to it so I can see it?

Thanks for the continued comments guys, I've been busy and lacking a bit in inspiration recently but I hope to kick start things this weekend.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

looking at the map again, im wondering do you really need the yellow star icon to denote a capital as the capitals also have the regional flag attached? or will this not be the case with all regions?

other than that, i think this is looking great. a bit too photorealistic for my tastes, but well done (and the business of the names is all part and parcel of a well-thought-out atlas, so thats just a plus to me!). maybe making trade-routes and roads a solid line rather than dotted might help?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12