Thread: Hello from Germany

Guild Novice

Default Hello from Germany

Hi,

I like to write stories etc.. Not long time ago I tried to write a longer story but messed up really hard. The main problem was that the readers lost the common theme. They didn't know where the character was and how the world looked like. And what the character was doing.

So I pulled out some books which were pretty good (in my opinion) and checked where I failed. After short time I realised that I could remind me of nearly every detail of the worlds described in the books (none of them had a map).

In my story I described weather and stuff but not really the world. Cartography was catastrophic (like my english ).

So I decided to make a reset and first create a world so I can write about the environment on their journey just by looking at the map. I watched some tutorials and created a first map but ... I don't really like it so I hope for some help in this forum.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Guild Methusalem!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Gruß Gott aus dem Steigerwald!

Wenn Du nicht mit Deinen Landkarten zufrieden bist, zeig' uns ein Beispiel oder zwei. Das führt normalerweise zu einigen guten Tipps. Lass' uns auch wissen, welche Software Du benutzt, um Deine Landkarten zu machen!

English:

If you're not satisfied with your maps, show us a sample or two. That usually leads to some good tips. Also let us know what software you're using to make your maps.

Servus,
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project