Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Kickstarter] Kaidan campaign setting (PFRPG)

Default [Kickstarter] Kaidan campaign setting (PFRPG)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yonshu-thumb.jpg 
Views:	1364 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	46714

Finally, after a year of 11 adverture module and supplemental releases for the Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story (PFRPG), we are now collecting patronage funds to produce 1 to 3 books for the Kaidan Campaign Setting of Japanese horror through Kickstarter.

Complete Kaidan GM's Handbook (150 - 200 pages) as a printed book with full color cover and B/W interior. This will be a top-down view of the Kaidan campaign setting from a GM's point of view. Everything from the government, economics, religion and magic, with other aspects like curses, drugs, haunts, hazards, special terrains. Also a full gazetteer cover all the 3 main islands of Kaidan, it's 17 provinces and ruling Daimyo.

Complete Kaidan Player's Guide (150 page) printed book with full color cover and B/W interior. This book will be written from a player's point of view; a bottom-up design. This guide will include all appropriate player options: new races, archetypes, alternate classes, traits, feats, spells and equipment. Another goal is create a framework of half-truths and lies, so that players can still get frightened when learning the real truth about Kaidan. A look a daily life, and descriptions of sites and archetecture of a Japan-based world.

Kaidan Bestiary (no idea how big, depends on budget acquired) printed book with full color cover and B/W interior. We will gather all the various monster entries and templates from existing supplements, plus we want to include dozens more. Each entry will include 3 pages of content including a stat block, as well as original pencil illustration by Mark Hyzer.

You can become a patron for as little as $1 or as much as a $1000 - with perks for joining.

If we only collect enough funds to create a GM's Handbook then that is all we'll release. Hopefully we collect enough for everything, however.

You can expect lots of maps for both the GM's Handbook as well as the Player's Guide - from regional and city maps to encounter scale maps for specific interesting locations in Kaidan.

Join the Kaidan Campaign Setting Kickstarter today!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Not even done with the first 24 hours, yet the Kaidan Campaign Setting Kickstarter is already past 25% towaards Tier 1 goal!!! (That's $1090 in 20 hours) - Woot! I have to believe it will slow down, but hopefully we can still reach our goal.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

That's great news GP. I hope you do reach those goals. It's nice to see the community is healthy enough to fund these things.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks, Jax!

According to Kickstarter's own statistics, whatever amount of money is collected after the first weekend, on average is 33% of the total at completion. Right now the Kaidan Campaign Setting Kickstarter is at just past 50% towards the Tier 1 goal of $4000 (we've collected $2010, as of right now). While it looks like we should get the Tier 1 goal, our hope now is to collect $2310 by Monday morning, which is 33% towards the Tier 2 goal.

If we hit Tier 2, we'll be extremely happy. That's 50 extra pages added to the 150 page Complete Gamemaster's Guide to Kaidan - which means a dozen extra maps, for interesting locales in the gazetteer portion of the manual.

Anyway, it is progressing at a steady pace. Steve plans to add incentives for a $250 and $500 payment tier to the existing ones on the page now ($15, $40, $100 and $1000) - that might perk activity as well.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Well the Kickstarter is progressing forward, we've collected 69% of our Tier 1 goal, or 41% towards our Tier 2 goal. We would like to thank all those for making pledges - for those who haven't please spread the word, if you cannot join yourself.

Here's a full page ad I've designed for the project that will appear in the next issue of Rite Publishing's Pathways magazine. Does it need any improvements?

Name:	kaidan-kickstarter-ad-ver3.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	916.6 KB 
ID:	46891
    DrivethruRPG store

With 41 days left, we just crossed the $4000 mark, making this unofficially funded! Woot!

Can we collect more? Tomorrow, I'll probably post again, as Steve Russell of Rite Publishing will be updating the Kickstarter page to include new bonus material at varying payment tiers. Hard covers should be available at an upper tier, 2 or possible 4 exclusive one-shot adventures will be provided to pledge makers at lower tiers. Also will be announced levels of participation by patrons as the project is getting created. Poll voting on options at low tiers, and pitching your own ideas - that gets voted by the entire patron community - so not guaranteed to get your pitch, but you can have the opportunity to write/design it yourself and get assistant authorship credits.

We hope to be able to reach a Player's Guide.

Thank you, all those whom are pledgers, and those who help spread the word.
    DrivethruRPG store

gratz man! and well deserved as the product looks great! cheers, DJ

Thanks, DJ!

We've reached our Tier 1 goal of $4000 and are now on to our next Tier goal of $7000 - thank you, pledgers!

Two new incentives:

All patrons of $40 or more, will receive an exclusive one-shot Kaidan adventure as we cross each tier goal, and since we've already crossed Tier 1, that means all qualifying patrons are owed one one-shot already.

We've added a $200 payment tier for anyone of the $125 tier who would prefer a hard cover book.

Patron Participation:

All patrons of any payment tier, at the completion of funding, will get access to the private Kaidan section of the Rite Forums - get access to discussions, updates, see art and maps as they are completed and get to participate in poll voting for design decisions.

All patrons at book signing levels ($100+) get more in-depth discussion, access to rough draft copy as it becomes available, able to pitch their own ideas, and if accepted by patron community vote, can even get the opportunity to write/design it themselves and get name credit in the guide book publications.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Here's something Jonathan McAnulty, Kaidan's lead designer/author posted on the Kickstarter comments page - I thought it worth repeating...

Those who read the latest update know that we are offering our $40+ contributors free Kaidan adventure scenarios, featuring adventures I have written for convention use.

I thought I might say a word or two about these to maybe entice some to up their pledge.

The first free adventure, the one we are, for certain going to give to our $40+ contributors, is entitled, "Up from Darkness," and begins with the line, "You awaken in darkness..." It is somewhat a homage to A4: In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords, but is also fully its own scenario.

"Up from Darkness," is a solid one-shot adventure which will take 4-8 hours to complete. It features some fun, non-standard PC mechanics to simulate and showcase what I think is one of the truly unique aspects of the Kaidan experience. It is, in my opinion, the best one-shot I have written to date, and those that played through it all enjoyed it immensely. Some of the quotes from those that completed the scenario include, "That's just disturbing!" (my wife said this after playtesting), "But I don't want to be evil any more!," "Ow, My Brain! My Brain! It hurts!" and "Well worth the price of admission!" One of the funnest parts of the scenario is that it allows the GM, guilt free, to savagely and repeatedly kill the PCs. And that's all I'm going to say about that...

If we reach the $7000 mark, the scenario we release is entitled, "The Tolling of Tears," and is a mystery adventure featuring ghosts, ghouls, and a cursed temple-bell.
    DrivethruRPG store

Since Kaidan has achieved basic funding, Steve of Rite Publishing got contacted by Gamerati to create a banner ad campaign on the various forums and gaming blog sites starting on August 15th running until the end of the Kickstarter on September 16th, so you can expect to see ads on the various other sites you visit soon.

Here are the banners I've designed for this:

Name:	kaidan_leaderboard.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	47391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan_rectangle.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	47392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan_skyscraper.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	47393
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast